Ora presents Kristina Sky
Date: October 7, 2022
local support: Serjey Andre Kul and and Avian Invasion
The spirit of trance in the United States has long been amplified and embodied by DJ/producer Kristina Sky. From the early days of the genre, she was first integral in bringing the music’s top DJs to the West Coast masses, often for the first time, then ultimately stepping behind the booth herself in 2002. “KSky,” as she’s known to one of the most loyal and passionate fanbases in the biz, has been tapped to play all the top festivals around the world, from Armin van Buuren’s A State of Trance, sharing the stage at Coachella with Daft Punk and Madonna, multiple sets at Electric Daisy Carnival, as well as the trance-focused Dreamstate and many more top one-off events. Kristina Sky has also held many coveted residencies including America’s first weekly trance event at Arena called “Heaven,” Spundae at Circus, Insomniac Events’ “Awakening” at Exchange LA, as well as the mighty Avalon Hollywood since 2010. It was in these rooms she honed her distinct sound.
Kristina Sky is revered for her unique style of high energy, melodic trance combined with her signature blend of progressive house. Hailed as “one of the best progressive DJs in America,” by scene superstar John O’Callaghan, the top DJ/producers in the trance world are more than happy to sing her praises. “Kristina is living and breathing dance music,” says Dash Berlin. “Having finally met her in person on the Groove Cruise a few years ago proved to me that besides having a big heart for electronic music, she is an amazing and caring human being as well,” he says. “Kris has been there from the start, standing her ground firmly in a male-dominated industry, as where in the future she can be of great importance not only musically, but also on stage and in guiding new talent.”
In addition to her prowess on the ones-and-twos, she carefully crafts remixes and original tracks that have found their way into the hearts of both fans and fellow DJs. Her first release in 2006, “EnMass – CQ [Seek You] (Randy Boyer & Kristina Sky Remix)” debuted on Armin van Buuren’s “A State of Trance” imprint on his world-famous Armada label, plus received massive support from Paul van Dyk, Markus Schulz, Agnelli & Nelson, John O'Callaghan, Darude, and Sander Van Doorn. The track then held the Beatport number 1 spot for 13 consecutive weeks, followed by another 10 weeks in the Top 10. She then teamed up with Boyer again for their 2008 hit on Paul Van Dyk’s “VANDIT” — “Kristina Sky & Randy Boyer - Set It Off”. Other production accomplishments include Randy Boyer & Kristina Sky ft. Cari Golden “No Limit” on Ultra Records. She’s also collaborated multiple times with Menno de Jong, such as on the Armada release “Signals.” In 2018 she was tapped to mix “Pure Trance Volume 7” which also featured a debut collaboration with Balearic king Roger Shah, “Ocean Flame”, and currently holds a spot on Solarstone’s globally respected “Pure Trance” roster alongside Solarstone, Factor B, Activa, Gai Barone and more, regularly playing the Pure Trance brand nights in London, Miami, Amsterdam and beyond.
One of trance’s original groundbreakers, Christopher Lawrence, has experienced many of KSky’s sets as both a fan and on the same lineups. “Kristina Sky is one of the most successful and respected DJs to rise out of the massive Los Angeles club and festival scene,” says Lawrence. “Having spent years in the trenches holding down residencies at multiple clubs and events including the world-famous Avalon in Hollywood, Kristina has earned her place in the international circuit. I have had the pleasure of playing alongside Kristina heaps of times over the years and have always been impressed with her performance and professionalism behind the decks,” he says. “Kristina Sky is a truly gifted DJ able to read a crowd and deliver exactly what the dance floor needs.”
Held residencies for:
GrooveCruise ongoing since 2012
Insomniac “Awakening” Fridays @ Exchange LA (2012 & 2013)
Avalon ongoing since 2010
Giant ongoing since 2008
Spundae @ Circus (2005 – 2008)
Heaven @ Arena (America’s first weekly trance club event) (2003 – 2005)
- Voted #23 on Trance Podium’s Top 100 DJs for 2019
- Released “Ocean Flame” with Germany’s Roger Shah on Solarstone’s Pure Trance.
- On Solarstone’s Pure Trance roster since its inception (only female), playing PT brand nights around the world incl Miami WMC, Exchange LA, Avalon Hollywood, Fabric London, with a big debut at Luminosity Beach Festival in Amsterdam on the Pure Trance stage - Lumi known to be the holy grail of trance festivals worldwide.
- Regular appearances at Insomniac’s Dreamstate festival, including 3 consecutive years at Dreamstate SoCal (2016, 2017 & 2018), EDC Orlando on the Dreamstate stage, and most recently the debut of Dreamstate’s Satellite Series in Las Vegas. Sky is also slated for a debut at EDC Mexico 2020.
- Handpicked by Solarstone to mix the “Pure Trance Volume 7” compilation (November 2018)
- Handpicked by John O’Callaghan to support the soldout “Subculture” presented by Dreamstate in Los Angeles.
- Handpicked by Gareth Emery to support the soldout “Laserface” San Francisco at Bill Graham Civic Auditorium (8500 ppl)
- Created and runs the successful United We Groove/United We Trance brand, a 6-year-running annual rooftop party in Miami during MMW, reaching capacity the past 4 years, with huge lineups across the trance & progressive spectrum including acts like The Thrillseekers, Kyau & Albert, JES, Roger Shah, MIKE Push, Paul Thomas, Fatum, & many more. Commonly known to have big artists drop by to support like Ferry Corsten, Emma Hewitt, Aly & Fila, Thomas Gold and more.
- Kristina Sky presents United We Groove hosted stage debuted on GrooveCruise Cabo 2018, and is now a staple hosted stage on GrooveCruise West & Miami, as well as a soldout debut United We Groove NYC boat party with Darude and Andy Moor in Summer 2019, with more festivals and club nights to come.
- Released “Audacious” with Ireland’s Orla Feeney on Paul Van Dyk’s Vandit Records, with plays on Armin’s A State of Trance radio.
- Released “Insubordinate” and “Crestfallen” with Orla Feeney on Manuel Le Saux’s Extrema label out of Italy.
Some of the artists KSky has shared the stage with: Madonna, Paul Van Dyk, Ferry Corsten, Armin van Buuren, Kaskade, ATB, Above & Beyond, Aly & Fila, BT, Paul Oakenfold, Gareth Emery, Markus Schulz, Gabriel & Dresden, Dash Berlin, Cosmic Gate, John O’Callaghan, Andrew Rayel, Solarstone, Chicane, Tritonal, Ben Nicky, Sander van Doorn, Kyau & Albert, Motorcycle, Rank-1, Menno de Jong, Bryan Kearney, Morgan Page, Roger Shah, The Thrillseekers, Emma Hewitt, Sean Tyas, Simon Patterson, Ben Gold, Factor B, Jochen Miller, 4 Strings, Grum, Craig Connelly, Vintage & Morelli, Signum, Ronski Speed, Giuseppe Ottaviani, Darude, Andy Moor, Johan Gielen, Richard Durand, Judge Jules, Christopher Lawrence, John 00’ Fleming, Blank & Jones, Max Graham, Talla 2XLC, Paul Thomas, Alex M.O.R.P.H., Mark Sherry, Alex Di Stefano, DJ Sammy, David Gravell, Sunny Lax, Fatum, Ruben de Ronde, RODG, Stoneface & Terminal, Infected Mushroom, Marco V, Will Atkinson, Bobina, Gai Barone, Tim Penner, Thomas Datt, Filo & Peri, David West, Soha, Bissen, UMEK, 7Skies, JES, Audrey Gallagher, Jan Johnston, Betsie Larkin, Lasgo, Jaren, NU-NRG, Second Sun, Ian Van Dahl, Lange, Mark Norman, Scott Bond, Leon Bolier, Phynn, Hydroid, Thomas Bronzwaer, Andy Caldwell, Blake Jarrell, Marcus Schossow, Austin Leeds, Doc Martin, DJ Irene, D:fuse, Micro, Caffeine, Donald Glaude, Taylor, Peter Hook (New Order)